Decent work for domestic workers begins at home.
As an employer of a domestic worker, how do you rate? Ask yourself...
- Do you treat your domestic worker as you would like to be treated as an employee?
- Do you treat your domestic worker with respect and dignity?
- Do you recognise their work is work like any other job?
- Do you pay at least the required minimum wage by law?
- Do you give a sufficient and reasonable period of rest?
- Do you allow them to spend their free time as they choose?
- Do you provide decent living conditions?
- Do you know your legal responsibilities if your domestic worker gets ill or becomes pregnant?
If not - why not?
HELP us transform hope to reality and ensure everyone recognises the valuable and important work that domestic workers do. It's work like any other job.