If you are seeking to get some hands-on exposure while developing your skills in a close-knit team and an inclusive and fun-loving environment, read on.
1. CASEWORK INTERNSHIPS
Are you seeking to be empowered from the get go while directly improving the lives of at-risk individuals? If the answer is yes, we have the right role for you. You will be a key member of the Case Management team and work with our Case Work volunteers and interns to ensure appropriate advice is given to our clients, most of whom are from the vulnerable groups in our society.
You will work closely with the Head of Case Management of HELP to:
- Help out migrant domestic workers and people in need by educating and assisting them on their rights and entitlements.
- Carefully document these issues by adopting an empathetic approach in interviewing and assessing issues. Discretion is advised.
- Document everything carefully for onward processing by appropriate external entities, such as other not-for-profit organisations, pro-bono Counsel and/or the Duty Lawyer Service.
- Appropriately advising clients through WhatsApp, phone calls, or in person.
- Brief clients for hearings and conciliation meetings, accompany them at hearings and other administrative processes.
- Liaison with employers, government departments, regulatory bodies, and other not-for-profit organisations on half of clients.
- Help with interpretation and translation if required.
2. MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIPS
If you are looking for a good mentor and working closely with the senior most executive in a start-up, we are the right fit for you. You will work closely with the Head of Communications of HELP to:
- Develop and design our website, digital and print marketing materials.
- Conceptualise and implement marketing and communications initiatives and campaigns
- Initiate our social media initiatives and campaigns along with scheduling and posting on our channels such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
You will need:
- A strong grasp of social media management and campaign development.
- Strong researching, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience in WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Canva.
- An interest in photography and videography will be highly advantageous.
- Basic familiarity in Tagalog and related dialects, Bahasa Indonesian and/or any South Asian language will be a good asset to have but not necessary.
3. FUNDRAISING INTERNSHIPS
By fundraising for us, you will directly ensure a fair and equitable society for at-risk communities, mostly migrant domestic workers. In return, you will gain invaluable business development skills that will help with your career. It will also empower you to think of your career as a start up enterprise. You will learn to sell your true potential to an institution of higher learning and/or future employer. You will be empowered from the get-go to engage with some of Hong Kong’s biggest organisations to support HELP in any way they can.
Work closely with our Executive Director to:
- Help professionals and business owners demonstrate their commitment to common prosperity.
- Communicate the benefits of giving back to society through offsetting their tax bills through charitable donations.
- Seek out and maintain collaborative relationships with prominent individuals and organisations for funding partnerships, pro bono, consulting, skill-based, in-kind donations and knowledge sharing.
- Reach out to corporates, clubs, foundations, other organisations, community groups, schools, universities et cetera to demonstrate the need for a collaboration with a charity seeking to improve the lives of vulnerable sections of Hong Kong’s society.
4. PROJECT MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIPS
Under the oversight of the Head of Projects, you will be given the opportunity to gain invaluable firsthand experience in: –
- developing long and short term project ideas
- identification of project input and output to support the drafting of fundraising proposals by the fundraising team
- implementation of existing projects
- project monitoring and drafting of periodic reports
WE ARE LOOKING FOR APPLICANTS WHO HAVE: –
- Excellent command of English (both written and spoken). Additionally, the ability to speak Cantonese, Filipino, Bahasa Indonesian, Hindi, Sinhalese or Tamil would be an added advantage
- Strong writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently, but know when to ask for support
- Ability to work with a team
Please note that these are unpaid internship opportunities.