A bright future starts with HELP
HELP for Domestic Workers (HELP) started as a spontaneous initiative by a group of lawyers who, in the late 1980s, perceived the growing need to provide employment advice and support services for foreign domestic workers in Hong Kong. HELP now deals with around 2500-3000 cases a year.
We rely on Volunteers and Interns to assist us with our vital work.
NEW ! WINTER 2019 INTERNSHIPS
We are looking for 2 interns, who are studying Law or an equivalent, to join our 2 Case Managers starting anytime between October and December for 8 weeks. You will shadow one of our 2 Case Managers for the first few weeks and then once confident, you will be given the opportunity to gain some invaluable first hand experience by handling clients’ cases with the full support of the Case Managers. If you are interested please apply below. Please note this is an unpaid Internship working Monday to Friday 10-6pm.
Or if you have any questions please email us here
Part time Fundraising Internship
What you might be doing:
- Helping the Fundraising Manager with Fundraising campaigns, awareness building, online campaigns, talks, presentations, funding applications etc
What skills are we looking for:
- Students with a passion for fundraising and charities such as HELP.
- Confident on the phone and in public
- Excellent English written and spoken communication skills is essential
- Ability to work independently, but know when to ask for support
- Ability to work with a team
Where and when:
- Wednesday or Thursday: 9am to 4pm or shorter hours if that suits you
- HELP office in the Administration Building at St John’s Cathedral, 4-8 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong and from time to time attend court hearings and meetings outside the office
How to apply:
“Our clients endure so much to empower themselves and support their families. It’s a privilege to be able to support them in their time of need and advocate for their right to work with dignity.”
– Jess Tsang, Yale Law School Student Intern, Summer 2015