Personal Data Privacy Statement
At HELP for Domestic Workers, we respect your legal rights of privacy when collecting, storing, using and transmitting personal data. This statement explains our privacy practices in compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Purpose of collection
The personal data collected from HELP clients may be used by us for one or more of the following purposes:-
- providing advice and guidance to clients
- cooperating with government agencies, including the police, immigration and labour department in relation to client cases
- contacting employers/ex-employers, recruitment agencies, and/or money lenders in relation to client cases
- drafting statements and documents for clients
- providing information about HELP’s programmes and events
- providing information to legal professionals when seeking advice about the law in relation to client cases.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorized or required by law. We will not mention any sensitive information provided to us, such as health information, in newsletters or bulletins without the approval of you or the person responsible for you.
We will take reasonable steps to keep secure the personal information which we hold and to protect it from unauthorized disclosure and misuse.
Access to personal data
You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data as provided in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Your right of access includes the right to obtain a copy of your personal data and the right to correct any of the data that is inaccurate. You also have the right to “opt out” of any communication HELP for Domestic Workers. HELP for Domestic Workers can maintain personal data of an individual even if an individual instructed HELP for Domestic Workers not to send information and communication to them. Requests for access to and/or correction of your personal data relating to your application should be sent to:
HELP for Domestic Workers, St John’s Cathedral
4-8 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong
Tel: 2523 4020